Orthodontic Treatment With Invisalign For Teens
It’s common for teens to worry about their appearance, and the idea of braces might not appeal to them right away. However, because they are still growing, orthodontic treatment is easier now than it would be later in life. With Invisalign, teens can now enjoy an orthodontic experience that is more comfortable and discreet than ever.
Common Orthodontic Issues Treated With Invisalign
If concerned about the idea of orthodontics, teens may not always voice any oral issues they experience. In contrast, some teens may develop habits to hide their smiles if they are self-conscious about certain aesthetic issues. In either case, a few months of orthodontic treatment today will mean a confident smile for years to come!
Your teenager should get an orthodontic examination if they have:
- Crooked or overlapping teeth
- Large gaps between teeth
- Missing or crowded teeth
- Noticeable overbite or underbite
- Difficulty chewing, biting, and speaking
- Gaps between the top and bottom teeth while biting
How Does Orthodontic Treatment For Teens Help?
Timely orthodontic treatment for teenagers can help by:
- Developing self-esteem and confidence in their appearance
- Regulating upper and lower arch width for an even smile
- Straightening and aligning permanent teeth
- Preventing depression, anxiety, and discomfort in social situations
- Guiding jaw development for facial symmetry
- Correcting unsightly overbites and underbites
- Reducing the risk of tooth decay and extractions later
- Preventing trauma or damage to protruding front teeth
- Improving speech problems caused by alignment or bite issues
Benefits Of Invisalign For Teens
Invisalign Teen was developed with the unique needs of teenagers in mind. Because a teen’s jaw structure is still developing, the goal of treatment is to do more than correct the alignment of the teeth. We also want to keep in mind the constantly changing structure of the jawline. Invisalign Teen allows for this growth and ensures that patients will have a smile they can be proud of.
With Invisalign, you can correct a range of orthodontic issues while enjoying the appearance of your natural smile. When it comes to social anxiety and participating in certain extracurricular activities, metal braces can be a real drawback during adolescence. Getting hit in the face with a ball can cause serious injury if you are wearing metal braces without a mouth guard. Taking photos for major events like prom or a homecoming dance can also be less than ideal with braces on. Made from clear plastic aligners, Invisalign is designed to be virtually invisible. The aligners are also removable, so eating popcorn at the movies, playing impact sports and instruments, and any other fun activity is a non-issue with treatment with Invisalign.